The BBC: Talent pooling for digital technology professionals
The BBC Audience Platform team are one of the BBC’s biggest and most ambitious online projects.
The ultimate aim being to personalise the online content, and engage more effectively with their audiences.
Their services are transforming the BBC into a data driven organisation supporting the delivery of BBC’s services such as iPlayer, News, Sport, CBBC/CBeebies, Weather, Radio and TV, etc.
The BBC embarked on a project to attract a large number of technology professionals across digital roles, front and back-end developers and software engineers at MediaCity in Salford. Given the volume of roles and the tight labour market for developers, the BBC turned to BrightPool to implement innovative resourcing solutions, working alongside the BBC’s internal recruitment team.
We provided an agile delivery solution, utilising our proven multi-channel approach:
- engagement and replenishment of our skilled network
- research to engage - identification of and engagement with skilled candidates to talent pool for future opportunities
- recruitment marketing campaigns using paid advertising on BrightPool social media channels
- continuous engagement with candidates in the talent pool (updates on current roles and availability)
We worked in partnership with the BBC’s in-house team to achieve their project goals:
- sourcing & assessment
- progressing candidates through to BBC assessment centres
- establishing a pipeline of talent to support future projects
BBC has seen results with the hiring of digital software engineers within MediaCity and a significant talent pool of technology professionals and software developers. We identified over 800 potential candidates and carried out carreer conversations to assess suitability before including them in the talent pool.
As a result of the project success we have been engaged to support the BBC in London with extensive technology demands across a number of their brands:
- BBC TV & Radio (including BBC iPlayer)
- BBC Sport
- BBC Education