Diversity & Inclusion:
The New Cultural Barometer
A new report into the challenges facing the
financial services around culture and conduct.
The UK financial services sector is facing a wake-up call on culture, diversity and inclusion.
High-profile media stories have reported sexism and shocking behaviour – and put a piercing spotlight on workplace culture and issues around diversity and inclusion. The FCA, meanwhile, is sharpening its focus on non-financial misconduct and the cultural factors that enable it.
Our new research report (independently conducted by Opinium Research) is based on a survey of over 100 UK financial services leaders in Board/executive, HR/people and risk/compliance roles.
- Discover what’s worrying leaders: reputational threats and conduct risks.
- Gauge the feelings of other leaders towards the FCA’s cultural oversight.
- Assess how other leaders are approaching diversity & inclusion.
- Explore what the FCA characterises as a healthy culture.
- Consider the questions to ask yourself on culture – and see the actions you should take.
The report is directly relevant to you if you’re keen to
- Engage positively with the FCA and meet its expectations on culture.
- Mitigate the threat of misconduct, poor decision-making, risk-taking and customer harm.
- Reap the benefits and commercial advantages that diverse, inclusive cultures bring.