Are you an experienced Business Analyst with 2+ years working as a Financial Services contractor?
We are currently looking for experienced BA's to join an exciting Commercial Banking project based in Apsley.
Start Date: ASAP
Pay Rate: £211 per shift (Umbrella rate)
Contract Length: 6 months (with potential to extend)
Please note: This role is Inside IR35
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the redress team with the design and implementation of consistent and effective processes.
- Ensure work packages are delivered through efficient and repeatable processes that result in an excellent customer experience.
- Identifying opportunities for enhancing/ supporting the governance framework.
- Manage expectations of key stakeholders and build collaborative relationships across the business area.
- Evaluating the quality of all deliverable to ensure there are no issues.
- Manage project governance and reporting for remediation exercises - ensuring key mechanisms are in place and any risks are mitigated.
Skills and Experience Required
- 2+ years BA experience ideally within Commercial Banking.
- Knowledge of process mapping and products.
- Excellent communication skills - able to work well as part of a wider team as well as independently.
- Financial Services experience within a remediation or redress function to implement processes.
- Experience working in a fast paced and challenging work environment.
Please note: Some travel may be required for this role
You will have a clear credit and criminal background file to be considered and be able to prove activity it cover the last 5 years including any gaps in employment.
|Remuneration:||£211 per day|
|Location:||Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire|
|Sector:||Financial Services & Professional Services - Commercial Banking|
|Date Added:||05 Feb 2020|
|Closing Date:||04 Mar 2020|
The FCA continues to prepare for its crackdown on unfair pricing
22 Jul 2019
The FCA is continuing to prepare for a crackdown on unfair pricing practices, including price discrimination and dual pricing. Financial services firms will need to rise to the challenge.
Financial Services Must Open-up to Improve Diversity in Recruitment
15 May 2019
Diversity has gone from a ‘nice-to-have’ to a commercial imperative for the financial services sector, especially given the FCA’s focus on culture and governance. Increased press scrutiny following the #MeToo and President’s Club scandals has helped drive the move.