Accounts Payable Administrator
Are you a recent Graduate or junior Accounts Administrator looking to gain more experience within the FS sector?
Would you like to work for one of the 'Big 4' in their internal accounts team?
We are looking for a committed individual with a passion for delivering an excellent service to work as an Accounts Payable Administrator on a professional day rate contract.
- Ensure that supplier invoices are reviewed, approved and paid within their contractual terms
- Investigate any invoicing queries in order to resolve potential payment issues
- Ensure supplier invoices are coded on SAP and the financial database in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide support and build meaningful relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
Key duties and main responsibilities
- Manage the ageing of supplier invoices to ensure they are fully approved and paid within the contractual terms.
- Ensure all supplier invoices are allocated correctly on both financial systems to minimise reconciliation discrepancies and rework
- Keep comments on the invoice status log updated at all times
- Review the daily invoice mailbox log to identify invoices not yet on SAP which need processing
- Ensure credit notes are chased, received and coded on SAP and the financial database appropriately
- Establish and maintain successful working relationships with managers and suppliers by responding to any queries thoroughly and in a timely manner
- Undertake regular supplier statement reconciliations in order to identify any invoicing receipt or payment issues
- Upload supplier back sheets onto the in-house system for reconciliation
- Enforce the required invoicing governance and controls with suppliers
- Provide support to the rest of the Finance team when required
- Identify ways to improve processes and automate where possible
Qualifications and skills
- Intermediate / advanced computer literacy (MS Office Suite)
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly organised and able to manage own workload
- Proactive, positive attitude and approachable
- Ability to work in a dynamic, complex and fast changing environment
- Experience of working in a Finance team and a basic understanding of the p&l
- Purchase ledger experience
- Experience of working in a corporate environment
Please Note - as this role will be working in Financial Services, if you are successful you will be subject to strict background screening including a full credit report, criminal background check and referencing including gaps in employment.
|Remuneration:||£120 per day|
|Location:||Crawley, West Sussex|
|Sector:||Financial Services & Professional Services - Management Consulting|
|Date Added:||12 Jan 2020|
|Closing Date:||09 Feb 2020|
The FCA continues to prepare for its crackdown on unfair pricing
22 Jul 2019
The FCA is continuing to prepare for a crackdown on unfair pricing practices, including price discrimination and dual pricing. Financial services firms will need to rise to the challenge.
Financial Services Must Open-up to Improve Diversity in Recruitment
15 May 2019
Diversity has gone from a ‘nice-to-have’ to a commercial imperative for the financial services sector, especially given the FCA’s focus on culture and governance. Increased press scrutiny following the #MeToo and President’s Club scandals has helped drive the move.