Group Financial Controller – New Street Group (Harrogate)
At New Street Group we are currently looking for a Group Financial Controller to join our business during an exciting period of growth and change.
At New Street Group we are currently looking for a Group Financial Controller to join our business during an exciting period of growth and change. Reporting in to the Group Finance Director you will have full management responsibility for the finance team, whilst maintaining and developing financial control and compliance across the group.
Based in our office in the centre of Harrogate, this role will be responsible for the financial accounting and control framework across the group through the provision and management of statutory accounts, management information, cash management, payroll, oversight of credit control, audit and corporate governance.
You will engage in regular, effective communication with the Group Finance Director, Group Chief Executive, the Managing Partners of the group companies and the Senior Management Team together with senior personnel at the New Street Group.
Provide assurance through rigorous compliance with standards and procedures. Perform all activities in full compliance with legislation and within the guidelines of company policy and operational frameworks.
New Street Group is the holding company for Interim Partners, BrightPool and Wickland Westcott. Our group strategy is to create high-quality, individually branded and complementary recruitment and consulting companies that have the potential to become market leaders.
New Street Group offers its clients a full suite of consulting services across interim management advisory, executive search and assessment, volume recruitment and talent consulting.
Interim Partners aim to be the partner of choice to large organisations going through change for the provision of executive interim management solutions. The BrightPool vision is to provide market leading agile talent solutions that are insight-led. BrightPool has two core service offerings; agile resourcing including, volume contractor resourcing, recruiter-demand, project RPO and talent consulting. Wickland Westcott is a fully integrated leadership consultancy, blending commercial judgement, search capabilities and psychological expertise that enhances organisational and individual performance.
Our businesses are built upon strong values, deep personal relationships, long-term planning, robust financial strength and the desire to enhance our people focused proposition through using the latest technology.
- Manage the finance team to ensure that the Group maintains proper accounting records in accordance with both UK accounting standards, as well as UK legislation
- Ensuring best-in-class financial controls and governance are in place and monitored throughout the group
- Preparation of group consolidated management accounts
- Preparation of accurate and timely management information
- Perform the role as the Finance Business Partner
- Responding to ad-hoc requests
- Management of the year-end audit process and statutory accounts preparation for each group company
- Tax matters including VAT and Corporation Tax (via the group’s tax advisers)
- Cash-flow forecasting and working capital management
- Continuously improve and review financial processes and systems
- Assisting the Group Finance Director in budgeting and forecasting
- Balance sheet control including fixed assets, debtors, creditors, accruals, prepayments and working capital
- Bank liaison and reporting including confidential invoice discounting
- Develop robust accounting procedures, processes and controls with a paramount emphasis placed on integrity of data
- Liaison with the outsourced payroll provider to ensure timely input of data requirements for monthly payroll
- Integrate the finance function of any potential acquisitions
Experience, Education & Professional Qualifications
- Degree level or equivalent
- A qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
- Proven experience of operating as a Financial Controller ideally gained in a commercial environment
- Proven, strong leadership/management qualities and skills, and a proactive self-starter
- Previous experience of managing a team
- IT literate, numerate and with strong communication skills
- Highly commercially aware and accustomed to a management ethos of cost control, adherence to budgets and targets and efficiency measures
- Good working knowledge of modern financial practices and techniques
- Excellent use of Excel and accounting systems such as NetSuite preferable
To apply for this role, please contact Angie Smith on firstname.lastname@example.org